Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
During and after pregnancy your body experiences some or all of the following changes:
- Rapid increase/decrease in weight
- Postural changes
- Changes in sleep patterns and positions
- Loosening of body ligaments to allow for growth/labour
- Flat feet/overpronation due to weight gain/loose ligaments
Studies have shown women who have consistent chiropractic care throughout their pregnancies may feel better and able to deal with discomfort as they are occurring.
Chiropractic during pregnancy is a gentle, safe and non-invasive approach to:
- Decreasing neck and back pain
- Improving overall functioning of the spine and pelvis
- Allowing the most optimal movement for your pelvis and thus baby in utero
At Vancouver Chiropractic we offer individualized and stress-free treatment programs to assist in making your pregnancy and postpartum experience more comfortable.
Dr. Nora is certified in and performs Webster Technique during pregnancy, which is a specific chiropractic sacral analysis and diversified adjustment for all weight-bearing individuals.
Chiropractic Care For Children
A young spine, with few exceptions, usually develops perfectly by the end of pregnancy. It’s what happens around the time of delivery and in the months and years after birth which can sometimes upset the normal functioning of the spine.
Spinal segments can be misaligned initially from the trauma of the trip through the birth canal, or from the birthing process itself. Medical research has identified the fact that many problems early in a child’s life can come from birth traumas.
Children’s spines are a lot more mobile than those of adults and as a result, usually respond to care in a shorter period of time.
Spinal misalignments can also occur as a result of:
- the frequent falls suffered by toddlers in the first years of life
- fall from a bed or a fall down the stairs
- a sudden stop in an automobile
- any significant unsupported movement of the head and neck
- the act of learning to walk and the number of simple falls
- heavy or improperly fitted backpacks
- poor posture
- sports injuries
Symptoms to watch for and common problems for which parents seek the advice of a chiropractor are:
- growing pains
- foot imbalances
- back pain
- leg pains
- slouching or imbalanced shoulders or hips
At Vancouver Chiropractic we will conduct a careful and thorough evaluation of your child’s spine. Dr. Nora Rahemtulla is trained to evaluate pediatric spinal problems and will use gentle, specific skills to identify, evaluate, and treat any involved spinal areas.