The following is an excerpt from Healthy Families Magazine:
Some adults may wonder why more and more children are starting to see chiropractors. That’s a good question and the answer is simple: whether we have a large spine or a tiny spine, if that spine is creating nerve distress then our magnificent bodies cannot operate smoothly.
While chiropractic may be able to help with a number of health issues, our focus as chiropractors is not treating or curing ailment; our focus is ensuring the nervous system has every opportunity to work efficiently and effectively.
Nerve irritations ( or vertebral subluxations) occur as a part of normal daily life. They result from physical, chemical, and emotional stressors or “insults” to our health, such as bad posture, prolonged postures, sleeping on the tummy, falls, poor food choices, dehydration, exposure to chemicals and toxins, and stress and anxiety. Even before these lifestyle stressors have an impact, nerve irritation can occur in the uterus from awkward positioning, restriction of movement, and exposure to toxins, and from birth complications such as long or very intense labours, or forceps or c-section deliveries.
When we appreciate how important the nervous system is and how easily it can be hindered and impaired it makes sense that all children deserve to have a well adjusted spine and nervous system……it makes sense that chiropractic is an important part of a healthy lifestyle.
10 reasons parents take children to see a chiropractor:
1. To maximise their child’s neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
2. To enhance their child’s overall health and wellbeing.
3. To strengthen immunity .
4. To help with colic and Irritable Baby Syndrome.
5. To help with the stress of asthama, breathing difficulties and allergies on the spine
6. To improve spinal posture.
7. 10 improve their child’s ability to concentrate.
8. To assist with behavioural disorders and enhance emotional wellbeing.
9. To help alleviate digestive problems.
10. To assist with bed-wetting and sleep issues.
For more info contact Dr. Nora Rahemtulla at Vancouver Chiropractic.